Well-Toned Arms In Higher Demand Since 2000
- Posted on: May 14 2013
Although brachioplasty, commonly known as the arm lift procedure, did not make it to the top 5 surgical cosmetic procedures in 2012, it is interesting to note that this arm contouring procedure surged in number up to 4,473 percent since 2000. This trend in plastic surgery is heavily attributed with the popularity of sleeveless outfits as well as celebrities like Michelle Obama and Jennifer Aniston who sport well-toned arms. Dr. Ali Tehrani can help you improve the appearance of your upper arms through the removal of localized fat and loose, excess skin with an Inland Empire arm lift.
The statistics on last year’s overall trends, which included the report on the increase in demand for arm lifts, could be seen here.
“Women are paying more attention to their arms in general and are becoming more aware of options to treat this area,” ASPS (American Society of Plastic Surgeons) president Gregory Evans explained. “For some women, the arms have always been a troublesome area and, along with proper diet and exercise, liposuction can help refine them. Others may opt for a brachioplasty when there is a fair amount of loose skin present with minimal elasticity.”
Preparing for Your Arm Lift in Inland Empire
1. Be prepared for a thorough physical assessment as well as review of your medical history. This will help ensure that you are physically and mentally fit for brachioplasty.
2. Be prepared to discuss your expectations as well with Dr. Tehrani. Explain your main purpose in getting an arm lift and relay your fears and apprehension regarding the procedure and its risks like scarring.
3. Quit smoking a few weeks or even months before your scheduled surgery date. Smoking will most likely lead to a delay in healing.
4. Avoid medications which fall under the anti-inflammatory drugs classification such as aspirin as well as herbal supplements such gingko biloba. These treatments have substances which could lead to bleeding problems.
5. Arrange for someone to stay with you a day or two after the surgery. You may feel nauseous a few hours after the procedure thus the need for someone to assist you around.
If you’re thinking about having an arm lift for a more sculpted and toned upper arms, call us today to book your appointment at Tehrani Plastic Surgery- where you comfort and convenience are considered priorities. Contact us at (760) 240-2444 or fill out this contact form. We look forward to your visit!