SlimLipo Makes it Easier to Slim Down
- Posted on: Sep 22 2016
Skilled plastic surgeons have been removing unwanted fat from patients for many years. Since the mid-1970s, to be more specific. Since those humble beginnings, two significant advances have been made in the lipoplasty procedure. The first occurred in the 1980s, when tumescent liposuction was developed. Tumescent liposuction involves a smaller cannula than traditional lipoplasty because a tumescent fluid is injected prior to fat removal. The evolution of liposuction surgery continued with the development of laser-assisted procedures, which have been gaining ground over the past decade.
Assessing the Differences
The ultimate goal of liposuction is to remove unwanted fat, and this can be accomplished with either the traditional procedure or with laser liposuction, such as our SlimLipo technique. However, there are a few key difference that you may want to know.
- Technique. In the conventional liposuction procedure, fat deposits are removed through a combination of suction and physical manipulation, even with the use of tumescent fluid. SlimLipo is a laser device that melts the contents of fat cells prior to removal. This is what makes it possible to use a smaller cannula to get the same results.
- Recovery. The more manipulation that is necessary to remove unwanted fat, the more time is needed for recovery. Many patients who undergo the traditional procedure require as much as 6 weeks of compression garment wear. SlimLipo patients find that they are able to resume normal activities much sooner, sometimes even the day after their procedure.
- Skin Tightening. One of the most notable advantages of heat-based, laser-assisted liposuction is the side-effect of skin tightening. This is, after all, one of the results that is imagined when you are considering your body contouring procedure. Why rely on your body’s own ability to bounce back, when you can give it a helping hand with heat?
Need more Details? Here are some of the benefits of choosing SlimLipo:
- Blood vessels are immediately closed with laser energy, which minimizes bleeding and bruising.
- SlimLipo is selective about the tissue that is destroyed, leading to beautiful contours. Skin can be smoother after laser-assisted liposuction than with conventional methods.
Tehrani Plastic Surgery has three offices to serve you. To learn more about SlimLipo, call (760) 240-2444.
Posted in: Liposuction