Improved breast contour and smaller size for comfort
While breast augmentation will enlarge the breasts, the surgery will not alter underlying basic defects in breast shape and form. Major asymmetries may be improved but will not be completely corrected with breast enlargement alone. A noticeable difference in the size, shape or orientation of the two breasts is considered normal and is actually the rule. If breast size and/or nipple position asymmetries are severe, additional procedures to further improve symmetry may be necessary.
Long term experience with breast enhancement surgery has demonstrated that this operation has a high patient satisfaction rate.
Who is a Candidate?
- Patients who want smaller breasts.
- Patients with extensive breast asymmetry.
- Healthy patients without breast cancer.
- Patients who possess realistic expectations.
- Patients who will tolerate breast scars.
- Patients who complain of chronic neck, shoulder and back pain from excessive breast size.
- Patients with large breasts who experience chronic skin irritation along their bra straps and under the breast folds.
- Smaller breast size.
- Improved breast contour.
- Breast reduction is performed in an accredited outpatient surgical facility or in the hospital under general anesthesia or conscious sedation with local anesthesia.
- Depending on several factors, breast reductions are performed using surgical techniques that preserve breast tissue and maintain a healthy blood supply to the breasts.
- Various external skin envelope closures are available which will determine the placement and size of your postoperative scars (talk to your cosmetic surgeon).
- A drain may be inserted at the time of surgery.
- Breast tissue is usually submitted for biopsy (pathologist examines).
Recuperation and Healing
- Postoperative discomfort is controlled with oral medications or pain pump.
- Surgical drains may be present after the surgery. Your cosmetic surgeon will determine when these are to be removed.
- A special postoperative support bra may be worn after surgery for several weeks.
- Postoperative care the first night may be at home with a responsible adult, an overnight care facility, or overnight at the hospital.
- The patient may be seen the next day for evaluation.
- Sutures will remain in place and are removed at an appropriate time as determined by your cosmetic surgeon (usually 2-3 weeks).
- Light activity may usually resume in less than 10 days. Sports activities may be resumed in six weeks or longer (depending on your surgeon’s advice).
- Breast volume reduction by breast fat liposuction-liposculpture.
- Breast contouring using breast skin resection with or without liposculpture .
Are there Risks?
Note:The specific risks and suitability of this procedure for a given individual can be determined only at the time of consultation with your cosmetic surgeon. All surgical procedures have some degree of risk. Minor complications that do not affect the outcome occur occasionally. Major complications are unusual.
Who Will Perform My Surgery?
Dr. Ali Tehrani takes pride in personally performing all surgical procedures. He does not allow “residents”, “fellows”, or other surgeons to perform your surgery. In the rare instance that a “co-surgeon” will be appropriate, this will be discussed with you during your pre-operative appointment.