Consultations offered at our two convenient locations in La Jolla, CA and Apple Valley, CA
Skin of the face and neck lose elasticity as one ages. Underlying muscles also lose tone. This is magnified through sun exposure, weight gain or loss, gravity and stress. These factors may act together and accentuate the appearance of wrinkles, creating a tired look. A facelift-necklift helps improve the most visible signs of aging through removal and redistributing excess fatty deposits, tightening underlying muscles and removing sagging skin. The standard facelift addresses the lower 1/3 of the face and the upper neck.
Variants include the mini and extended facelift-necklift procedures. Procedure choice depends on your needs and must be discussed with your surgeon. Surgeons have recognized the three dimensional nature of the facial structures and often complemented this procedure with others to restore volume and address cosmetic issues throughout the facial-neck structures.
Forehead lifts are usually recommended when a patient comes in complaining of baggy upper eyelids. When the skin of the eyebrows descend, they push the upper eyelid skin down and create bagginess. It is often when a patient realizes that they have baggy upper lids that the surgeon identifies as part of the problem a droopy eyebrow. In this circumstance, the brows are elevated to help improve the results of an upper lid blepharoplasty.
A facelift-necklift helps improve the most visible signs of aging.
In some instances a forehead lift will be recommended to improve some wrinkled skin and in many instances can help reduce the appearance of a high hair line or a high forehead. There are a number of different approaches for a Forehead Lift, including the direct lift, the mid-forehead pre-tracheal (at or in front of the hair line), coronal (behind and in the back of the hair line) or an endoscopic (minimal incision) approach.
Who is a Candidate for brow lift?
- Those who have a low eyebrow position.
- Those who have eyebrow asymmetry.
- If you have excessive, sagging or wrinkled upper eyelid skin.
- If you have excess upper eyelid skin that interferes with vision.
- If you have puffy pouches of fat in the upper eyelids that create a tired or aged appearance.
- Those with excess forehead wrinkles.
- Those with a high hair line or high forehead who wish to lower the hairline.
- Reduced appearance of wrinkles in the forehead.
- Reduced appearance of wrinkles between the eyebrows.
- Incisions may be made above the eyebrows in a skin fold, in front of the hairline, in the hair line or endoscopically (minimal incision).
- The procedure is usually performed as an outpatient under local anesthesia or conscious sedation.
- Attempts are made to correct eyebrow asymmetry although some asymmetry is the rule.
- The procedure is often combined with blepharoplasty and facelift-necklift.
Brow Lift Recovery
- All sutures are usually removed within 7 -10 days.
- Initial discomfort is usually mild and controlled with oral medication.
- Bruising usually subsides within 1-2 weeks.
- Swelling usually disappears within 2 weeks.
- Makeup may be used following suture removal and healing of the incisions .Old makeup should be discarded as it may promote bacterial growth and postoperative infection.
- Contact lenses can be worn when comfortable and sutures have been removed-usually 7-10 days.
- There is usually some numbness (usually temporary) due to stretching of the sensory nerves in the region of the forehead.