Considering BBL? Here’s What you Need to Know!
- Posted on: Jul 15 2017
Buttock augmentation is a cosmetic body-enhancing procedure that has consistently garnered increased popularity over time. Historically, to round out or fluff up the backside involved placing biocompatible implants into each side of the buttocks. Not anymore. Perhaps one of the reasons that this form of augmentation has become so common is because of the Brazilian Butt Lift technique. Taking fat cells from one part of the body and strategically introducing them elsewhere? Body contouring really can’t get any better. That being said, you need to know what to expect from your BBL journey.
We begin the buttock augmentation process with a thorough consultation in which we can obtain important health data. At the same time, this initial visit allows you to feel good about your choice in plastic surgeon. It matters! We encourage you to ask questions such as
- How many buttocks augmentation procedures have you performed?
- How is the procedure performed?
- Are results from my butt lift permanent?
- How can the recovery process be maximized?
Other key points that you need to know about Brazilian Butt Lift include:
- BBL is not butt implants. This means that a brief liposuction procedure is performed to harvest fat cells for contouring the backside. The target harvest site is carefully selected to facilitate the desired outcome, which is . . .
- A primary objective in BBL is to enhance proportions. The outcome that we want to achieve in the Brazilian Butt Lift procedure is to add volume in the buttocks while further enhancing that volume by slimming a nearby area. Every patient is different. In some cases, fat cells may be grafted from the low back or abdomen. Sometime, we sculpt the thighs to create proportions that are right for the given body.
- Your results are in your hands. One of the points of contention regarding fat injections is the idea that cells will either be absorbed or will migrate to another area of the body. This has been proven false. Research has confirmed that introducing fat cells to a target area such as the buttocks leads to integration; fat cells stay put. To maximize the results from body contouring of any kind, patients are encouraged to maintain a healthy body weight with good eating and exercise habits.
Posted in: Body Contouring