Nothing beats, they say, the joy of being a new mother. However, one of the harsh truths about being a new mother is how your body cannot just snap back into shape following pregnancy and childbirth. Here at our Victorville Mommy Makeover practice, most of the concerns of women after giving birth include sagging breasts and the skin laxity around the abdominal area.
A Mommy Makeover refers to a collection of surgeries geared towards improving the appearance of a woman’s post-baby body. The procedures involved may include a breast augmentation, breast lift, tummy tuck, liposuction, and a butt lift. However, a woman has the liberty to include any or all of the aforementioned procedures depending on her preferences and existing problem areas.
To help you figure out which Mommy Makeover surgeries are ideal for you, we take a closer look in two of the most popular Mommy Makeover procedures we have here in our practice — breast surgery and the tummy tuck.
Your Breast Surgery Options Following Childbirth
1. Breast Lift – This should be your breast surgery of choice if you wish to lift sagging breasts but do not want to increase the size and shape of your breast.
2. Breast Augmentation – Every so often, breastfeeding can result in the loss of volume in your breasts. Thus, you may want to enhance their size and shape via breast augmentation.
3. Breast Lift and Augmentation – Some women wish to have the benefits of a breast lift and breast augmentation: lift sagging breasts and improve their size and shape at the same time.
4. Breast Reduction – Women who have overly large breasts in proportion to their body frame may find it uncomfortable after breastfeeding. Thus, breast reduction may be the appropriate surgery of choice.
Your Tummy Tuck Options Following Childbirth
The tummy tuck is one of the key elements of a Mommy Makeover as it can significantly improve the appearance of the abdomen following pregnancy, in which the skin and muscles freely sag since they were pulled apart beyond their capacity.
1. Partial Tummy Tuck – This procedure is also known as mini-abdominoplasty and is focused towards improving the appearance of the lower abdominal area by removing excess skin and pulling back the abdominal muscles for a tighter appearance.
2. Complete Tummy Tuck – This type of tummy tuck addresses the excess skin, muscles, and fat deposits in both the upper and lower abdominal areas.
There’s no reason why you should not make the choice to regain your pre-baby body back! Let us help you figure out which Mommy Makeover surgeries are ideal for your needs and preferences. Contact us at (760) 240-2444 or fill out this contact form to schedule an appointment. We look forward to your visit!