Whether it’s a breast augmentation procedure or a tummy tuck, preparing for surgery is only half of the story. The other half involves careful planning for your recovery ensuring a successful outcome. Victorville plastic surgeon Dr. Tehrani recommends the following tips to helping you plan and set up a recovery area that will most likely contribute to quick healing and naturally beautiful results.
1. Purchase or acquire everything you need post-surgery before the procedure. This includes filling in prescriptions and doing groceries for the essentials that you’ll most likely need following surgery. Extra pillows will certainly be helpful!
2. Prepare your bed. You will most likely spend majority of your time in your bed so make it the most conducive place possible. Change your sheets and blankets. You can also put the recliner close to your bed.
3. Prepare and organize your nightstand. Make sure that the things that you’ll most likely need to feel comfortable following surgery will be in your nightstand including your favorite books, electronic devices, reading lamp, moisturizer, Kleenex, and lip balm.
4. You might also want to keep a wide variety of entertainment options. Your recovery period is the perfect time to catch up on your reading, watch movies that has been sitting in your hard drive for months, or write your own book! Card games and board games are also a good idea during recovery so better keep those cards and boards handy.
5. Have a meal plan. During your recovery, it may be difficult to simply open a can, jar, or box of food so you might want to create a meal plan. Pre-made meals will surely make your life more comfortable during recovery. The same goes for your beverages. In addition, you might also want to ask your surgeon about diet restrictions.
For more information on making your recovery nest conducive for quick healing and comfortable recovery following plastic surgery, call today to book your appointment at the Tehrani Plastic Surgery clinic – where your comfort and convenience are considered priorities. Contact us at (760) 240-2444 or fill out this contact form. We look forward to your visit!