When you’re in your 20s, it seems like nothing can go wrong with how you look. Around this time, you’ve probably bid farewell to acne while wrinkles seem to be light years away. However, a lot of misconceptions concerning skin care around this age often lead to the appearance of the first signs of aging sooner than you expect. By promoting Inland Empire skin spa services, Dr. Ali Tehrani and his team believe that the beauty habits you do in your 20s are significant contributors to the status of your skin by the time you’re in your 30s and 40s.
The following list should serve as a guide for your skin care routine if you’re in your 20s. Keep in mind that establishing a routine and sticking to it is the key to naturally glowing skin.
1. Begin and end your day with a gentle cleanser. Choose cleansers which are non-drying and non-abrasive at the same time. If you’d like to test cleansers, purchase the ones in sachets or ask for samples before buying large tubs or containers.
2. Moisturizing is the most important component to prevent the premature appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Choose a moisturizer with sunscreen properties, too. Sunscreen is also an important component in reducing the development of melanoma by approximately 50 percent. A good start for you would be an SPF 30 sunscreen to block UVA and UVB rays.
3. Do not ever sleep with makeup on. Makeup residue could clog pores and likely develop into acne.
4. Include products with retinol into your skin care routine. Retinol is a Vitamin A-derivative which aids in fighting wrinkles and help prevent breakouts.
5. Exfoliate 2 to 3 times a week to rid yourself of the dead skin cells.
6. You are really what you eat so you might want to incorporate more of this food items to your daily diet:
- Berries including strawberries, blueberries and raspberries. They help protect you skin from collagen damage.
- Radishes are your saving grace for glowing skin with its Vitamin C, silicon and sulfur components.
- Raw cacao and dark chocolate contain chock-full of antioxidants which could help improve blood flow into your skin, producing a naturally glowing appearance.
- Don’t forget clean drinking water!
To learn more about skin care in Apple Valley, Rancho Cucamonga, Ontario, Upland, Victorville and San Bernardino, visit us for an initial consultation. Book an initial consultation with Dr. Tehrani today by calling 760.944.7000 or by filling out this contact form. We look forward to your visit!