When it comes to making yourself pretty and glowing with radiant skin, you probably think about the hundreds (even thousands!) of beauty products lined up on the shelves at a supermarket. As you look closely at these products promising beauty and youth, have you noticed how they are actually marketed with ingredients derived from food or perhaps certain vitamins and minerals are added? The truth is you can actually achieve great looking skin through the food you eat!
Here at our Newport Beach cosmetic surgery practice, we promote beauty both from the inside and out! Below is a list of recommendations of foods to eat for your skin and feeling good at the same time.
– Get your antioxidants from whole food sources such as fruits and vegetables. There are various types of antioxidants out there and to get the most of them, consider eating a wide variety of whole foods. Excellent sources of antioxidants include turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, 70 percent dark chocolate, green tea, and red wine. You can get these antioxidants from supplements if whole food sources are inaccessible.
– Eat foods that are abundant in Vitamin A such as pumpkin, carrots, cantaloupe, sweet potatoes, and dark leafy greens. Vitamin A prevents too much production of skin cells in the outermost part of the skin which helps minimize clogged skin pores.
– Majority of skin problems are caused by unwanted inflammation. To help prevent inflammation, consider increasing your intake of foods rich in Omega-3 fatty acids such as flax seeds, salmon, and walnuts!
– Chew on sunflower seeds and pine nuts! These Vitamin E-rich foods have been shown in this study to actually help improve acne conditions.
– Load up on zinc. Apart from helping boost your immune system, it has been found out that zinc could greatly reduce skin inflammation. Excellent sources of zinc include lamb, scallops, grass-fed beef, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, oats and yogurt.
– Eliminate highly processed foods in your life. Refined sugars are abundant in processed food sources. These foods have high glycemic indexes (GI) and could spike blood sugar levels as the body digests them quickly. It has been shown in this study that high-GI food sources increases the occurrence of acne alongside diabetes and cancer.
Spa Services at Tehrani Plastic Surgery
Our Newport Beach plastic surgery clinic also offers various types of facials and spa services. To maintain healthy, hydrated skin, we recommend getting regular facials every 4 weeks. This is the best possible interval to maintain hydrated healthy, glowing skin, to treat minor breakouts and to smooth rough, dry skin.
Call today to book your appointment at the Tehrani Plastic Surgery clinic- where your comfort and convenience are considered priorities. Contact us at (760) 240-2444 or fill out this contact form. We look forward to your visit!